Piggy Bjorn 2: Winter is Coming review
The original title was a big hit for the developer, with many praising its unique design and immense winning potential. Well, the developer has upped the ante even more for the sequel, hitting players with an insanely volatile slice of slot action and some big winning potential. Let’s take a look at what’s on offer in this detailed Piggy Bjorn 2: Winter is Coming slot review.
Piggy Bjorn 2: Winter is Coming Theme and Design
GameArt has continued with the same theme as the original Piggy Bjorn slot, only adding some extra visual elements and improving the graphics.
The slot is based around the titular pig, who just so happens to be a Viking. It’s a unique mix of other popular themes, making itself stand out from other pig-themed slots on the market.
The visuals are also complemented by an intense soundtrack that helps bring the action to life.
How to Play Piggy Bjorn 2: Winter is Coming
The Piggy Bjorn 2: Winter is Coming slot keeps its base game quite basic. The game uses five reels and four rows, with 50 active paylines on each spin. The stake is adjusted below the reels, and further info about the gameplay can be found in the paytable.
The slot is extremely volatile and offers some serious winning capability. Players can land a maximum win of up to 80,000x their stake, which will get some attention. The RTP of the slot sits well above average at 96.91%.
Piggy Bjorn 2: Winter is Coming Bonus Features
There is a lot to unpack in the Piggy Bjorn 2 bonus features, so strap yourself in. Firstly, there is a collection round. This is fairly basic. If two or more Piggy Loot symbols land on reels 1-4 and a Piggy Collector lands on reel 5, then the Loot symbols are added together and collected.
On any non-winning spin, the Snow Storm feature can be triggered. This freezes a random selection of symbols on the reels. It then turns them into a giant symbol and recalculates any potential wins.
The main bonus here, though, is the Raid game. This re-spins-style round is similar to the gameplay in games like Money Train 3. Landing three, four or five Scatters will trigger the same number of spins to start the round. During the round, the spins will reset every time a symbol lands. If a Mega Scatter symbol triggers the round, this will turn into a Fury Tax modifier, while a random modifier will be chosen for standard Scatters. There are 15 modifiers that can land during the round. They are as follows:
- Raid bonus symbols – These are symbols displaying winning amounts. There are bronze, silver, and golden symbols, each with a different set of multipliers attached.
- Payday – Lands with double the value of the lowest visible symbol and adds that value to all other symbols on the reels.
- Taxes – Adds all of the multipliers to its own value.
- Payday/Taxes – Adds all multipliers to its own and then adds that new value to other symbols.
- Reinforce – Increases the maximum spin count by one.
- Hammer – Adds a value of between x5 and x200 to all symbols on its reel and line. If there are no symbols, it doubles its value.
- Bow – Adds a value of between x5 and x200 to up to five symbols.
- Axe – This does the same as the Bow, except it multiplies five symbols. It has a maximum value of x10.
- Odin’s Will – This takes in three symbols and adds its value to all elements within two positions. If there are no symbols, it will double its own value.
- Druid Sickle – Lands with no multiplier. It brings four features back to life, excluding Fury symbols. Before the modifiers take effect, the Druid symbol adds up their multipliers and makes them its value.
There are then five persistent modifiers called the Fury symbols. These are persistent versions of the Payday, Taxes, Odin’s Will, Hammer, and Bow modifiers.
Piggy Bjorn 2: Winter is Coming Slot Verdict
Piggy Bjorn 2: Winter is Coming combines the collection-style mechanics of hit slots like Big Bass Bonanza, an excellent Raid Bonus round stacked with modifiers, and a whacky design that makes it stand out. If all of that wasn’t enough, the maximum win of 80,000x your overall stake and some high-volatility gameplay are certainly going to be appealing. GameArt has knocked it out of the park with what is one of its strongest slots to date.